This sturdy acrylic bow tie template set comes with everything you need to make five different shapes of bow ties from your own fabric. Includes these popular styles: Butterfly, Diamond Point, Traditional Diamond Point, Rounded, and Straight and Narrow, plus one interchangeable tail. Additional tails are available separately.
Benefits of sturdy acrylic bow tie template sets vs. paper templates
- They’re sturdy, unlike flimsy paper templates.
- They’re ready to use as soon as you get them. With paper templates, you have to print, cut and assemble them.
- They’re clear, allowing you to position them on the fabric precisely. No more crooked stripes!
- They’re weighty, helping to keep the fabric flat while you cut.
- They’re thick, helping you avoid cutting accidents.
- And, they’re made by laser-wielding robots!
Each template is made of 4.5mm thick clear acrylic, with an interchangeable tail. Leave the long tail off to cut the short end of the bow tie. Snap the long tail onto the template to cut the long end of the bow tie. (You can follow the step-by-step tutorial here.)
To use, simply place the template on your fabric and trace around the template with a rotary cutter to cut the fabric. Alternatively, you can use a fabric marker or pencil to draw the outline onto the fabric and cut it with ordinary fabric shears. These templates are designed to use standard ¾″ Adjustable Bow Tie Hardware.
New! Now includes an additional template
The price is still the same, but now you get an additional template! As of October 5, 2015, this set now includes five templates instead of four—Straight and Narrow is now included at the same price as before. We’ve also worked with our laser-cutting facility to enable drop-shipping directly to the user—shortening your wait time by about a week!